Shock Tactics is a single player turn-based sci-fi strategy game with tactical combat, exploration, squad management and base building. It is inspired by the space western style of Firefly and tactic games like Jagged Alliance and X-COM.
You are a trailblazer for the first wave of the free Space Pioneers that are exploring an ancient alien homeworld. In their centuries-old struggle with the dictatorship of the Imperial Consortium, this planet is the first real hope of finding a new home for their people.
- Challenging squad tactics combat: Lead your strike team against smart enemies that employ a large array of tactics. Know your enemy, build a strategy, rule the battlefield.
- Exploration is key: The world map is full of mysterious landmarks containing alien technologies and ancient secrets that you can unravel to become strong enough to tip the balance of fate.
- Procedurally generated world map: You never know what you will find when exploring the world. This makes strategic decisions unique for each game session and leads to a high replayability.
- Strike team progression: Harness the power of the alien artifacts, unlock unique abilities and build your group of soldiers into a fierce strike team as you explore the planet.
- Base building: Expand your base with structures to build advanced weapons, develop sophisticated healing capabilities and research alien technologies.
- An immersive story woven into the open world: You are dragged into the struggle for the New World’s future while trying to stay alive in the middle of an escalating war between the Space Pioneers and the Imperial Consortium.
|Recommended Age:||Not rated yet|
|Status:||Work in Progress - Release planned for late 2016|
|Developer:||Point Blank Games|
As Freelance Story Writer on that project I had the following tasks:
- Design of the Game’s Universe and Lore
- Design of story-relevant Characters
- Design of the overall Story Arch
- Working closely with the Game Designers to ensure that Gameplay Mechanics and Story Elements support each other